Skip to main content

Buying or Selling?

New Owners

What should I do if I am buying a property that already has Morgan County Quality Water District water service?

The paperwork and escrow of money needed for a property transfer is typically handled by the Title Company.  The Title Company will contact us when they request an Escrow amount that will be withheld from the seller at your closing.  These funds will be paid by the title company when we send them the seller’s final bill.  The Title Company will give us your closing date and your name as the new buyer.  We will mail your first bill when we send the next scheduled billing.  If you haven’t received a bill from us by the 5th of the month following the purchase of the property, please call our office at (970) 867-3054.

Owners Selling Their Property

What should I do if I am selling my property?

Transfer of property is normally handled by the Title Company completing the sale.  The Title Company will contact us to request an Escrow amount on your account.  They will give us the closing date on your property and who the buyer will be.  Your final bill will be paid by the Title Company with the escrowed funds held by them at the closing.  If they withheld more than you owe, they will refund you the difference.